Friday, August 6, 2010

don't forget to stretch

scan0005
polka dot
don’t forget to stretch
I haven’t done yoga in nearly 2 weeks because I’ve been busy with the blog, etsy, and playing dress-up. These images are just a reminder to myself that public stretching in cute clothing, and domestic stretching are fine alternatives.

1930s organza dandelion seed dress
navythirties

Behold, the most expensive dress I have ever purchased. After seeing this dress on Clever Nettle’s blog, I instantly experienced “coup de foudre”, and I had to have it, so I bought it. I have no regrets, but I do feel guilty having spent over $100 on a dress. It’s hard for me to justify spending this much on a dress when I’ve scored so many beautiful dresses at the thrift store, and some women have not even one pretty dress, and I have so blasted many. Goodness, I hope this doesn’t open the flood gates for more extravagant spending. No, it mustn’t. I will not let this dress be a gateway drug. Mark my words friends, no more dresses over, I don’t know, $40? The dress is beautiful though, and I can’t wait to wear it, but I must find a setting that is worthy.

A lilliputian dress
IMG_7662
Haha, this tiny little vintage doll’s dress amuses me dearly. I’ve decorated this part of my living room and the outfit I’m wearing around it. Just kidding. But isn’t it darling? I found it in the thrift store, of course, hanging on this little hanger, filling my head with questions. On what occasion would a doll wear this dress? On the farm? On the prairie? What do you think?

Bon weekend, friends!

Outfit - wearing vintage 60s tennis dress (thrifted) and scout holiday necklace.

1 comment:

  1. I love your adventurous style... If only everyone had as much fun dressing up as you seem to! I linked to your lovely blog on my own. Thank you for all the inspiration!

    P.S. My blog is called Fancy Fine: http://www.ashleyording.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails