Thursday, July 15, 2010

She's a Peach

IMG_7229
IMG_7230
IMG_7234
IMG_7261
IMG_7287
IMG_7288
IMG_7290
IMG_7303

Yesterday, while I was taking these shots for my Etsy store, I felt a strange presence, as if someone were looking at me from above. I looked up and saw the tiny head of a middle aged woman in the window of the building adjacent. “Can’t you go take pictures where there aren’t any buildings, the sound of your heels is nauseating”, she said gruffly. I wasn’t wearing any heels. “It’s still day light and I’m working,” I replied, a little shaken by this sudden intrusion. “ I have cancer, I can’t go in the sun”, she added. “Goodness”, I thought, “It’s like I’m on the Metro Blue line or something, where random weirdos exclaim non-sequiturs to anybody within ear’s distance.”

Peach – the color of summer daydreams, 70s soft focus photos, romantic yearnings, childish play, and seizing the day. In Chinese culture, the peach represents immortality. Oh boy, what am I talking about? Anyway, I will be listing these peach items on Etsy within the next few days. Most of the items are just too big for me, which is unfortunate for me, but just peachy for you!

Do I dare eat a peach?- T. S. Elliott “The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails