Sunday, July 25, 2010

Got a Lot of Rhythm in My Soul

scan0001
scan0002
scan0004
Feb 2008 Paris Vogue
scan0003
Now that's what I'm talking about -- big messy glamorous hair, lookin' delicious fancy in the dirt, western bow ties, sheer 50s inspired clothing, strawberry belt buckles, cowboy boots, organza, detachable collars and sock ruffles. Perfect! I love this editorial from Paris Vogue Fevrier 2008; it inspires me endlessly. Soundtrack to this photospread: Fats Domino "I'm Walking," The Modern Lovers "It Will Stand," Vibrators "Whips & Furs," Solomon Burke "Cry to Me," Gary U.S. Bonds "I Wanna Holler," Elvis Presley "Crawfish," Betty Swannn "Make Me Yours," Patsy Cline "Got a lot of Rhythm in my Soul", Nina Simone "Aint Got No," Clarence 'Frogman' Thomas "Aint Got No Home," Wanda Jackson "Let's Have a Party," Willie Nelson "Stay all Night," France Gall "Laisse Tombes Les Filles," Eddy Arnold "Cattle Call," Big Mama Thorton "Hound Dog", Slim Whitman "Rose Marie", and lastly Dolly Parton "Jolene"
Leave a comment if you'd like a cd of this soundtrack sent to you, and email me your address. It's bound to make you wanna cut a rug. It's been a beautiful, sunny, weekend in the LBC, and I am in good form; I hope your weekend was as pleasurable.

2 comments:

  1. these photos are amazing. that soundtrack sounds super awesome too. ending with jolene is brilliant. how do i get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just email me your address & I will send it to you! nakedcowgirlvintage@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails