Friday, July 9, 2010

I love Gaud.



Mochino Summer Spring 1993 and Autumn Winter 1998 to 89


IMG_6828
IMG_6838
Kate fave outfit
IMG_5019
Vintage Moschino ad

Bet you didn’t see that coming. Truth is, I’m madly in love with vintage Moschino and the ideals that spawned it. I love clothes that are irreverent, verging on offensive. For some reason, I feel “bad-ass”, a.k.a. “hard”, in em’, maybe because it takes some courage to wear silly clothing. While I’m pleased to see that Moschino is recreating pieces from their archives for their Spring/Summer line, I would rather find the original at the thrift store, though it’s unlikely that I’ll ever find the teddy-bear headpiece (circa 1988/89) at one. Yet, I’ve been lucky enough to find the shorts I’m wearing in my first outfit, (I cut them into shorts), and the big peace sign earrings I’m wearing in the 2nd outfit. In addition, I’ve found both a shirt and a sweater that read “MOSCHINO” in huge letters.

“Sometimes I think if it weren’t for bad taste, I’d have no taste at all.” - Crystal Lee

“Exuberance is better than taste” - Gustave Flaubert

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes” - Walt Whitman

via Pop magazine Spring/Summer 2010 (btw - the gal in the photos is an intern at Moschino; I love her Madonna-like eyebrows), the Kate Moss book (she’s not wearing Moschino, though thematically I thought her outfit applied), and scanned vintage Moschino ad.

Outfit # 1 - vintage lace tank, vintage Moschino shorts, vintage belt, vintage monkey boots.

Outfit # 2 - vintage top, vintage Contempo Casual pants, Moschino earrings, Nine West shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails