Friday, February 18, 2011

this 50s suit is straight outta Compton

Compton thrift store, that is. By the way, did you get my allusion to the N.W.A. song? I'm harder than I look. haha. Speaking of hard, it's getting harder & harder to find 50s clothing at the thrift store, so when I found this 50s suit in pristine condition, I nearly dropped to my knees, and thanked the thrift store gods right there & then. Unfortunately, it's just a tad too big in the skirt, so it may be for sale soon.

IMG_3783

IMG_3780

IMG_3794

IMG_3797

IMG_3805

Outfit: Vintage 50s suit, 60s pink Mohair Sweater, (thrifted), Stuart Weitzman pumps (Nordstrom's Rack), floral socks (Urban Outfitters)

Have a great weekend! Remember, I'll be selling vintage clothing this Sunday at the Long Beach Flea Market at Veteran's Stadium. We'll be in the front section space # G231.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this suit, it's amazing!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great on you, even synched, it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing find!! I've found older vintage increasingly hard to score in ordinary thrift stores as well... to find such a chic little suit is almost miraculous! It looks fabulous on you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails