Tuesday, February 22, 2011

new friendships

IMG_3878

Jesse and I had nieces’ day yesterday, and think we may have forged a new friendship between our nieces. Not to sound overly sentimental, but it’s so nice to see how easily children can make friends. At the end of the play date, Jesse asked the kids, “So now are you guys best friends?” Anna, my niece, instantly replied “Yes, we love each other.” Embarrassed by the mushiness (and I don’t blame her), Penelope, Jesse’s niece, hid her head behind the heart patterned fabric of her doll’s knit cap, claiming “the sun is in my eyes.” When Jesse then asked his niece if she loved Anna, she said from beneath the fabric “yes.” In recent years, Jesse has become increasingly mushy, which has made me want to cover my eyes in embarrassment too. Yet, I still hold the hope in my heart that my niece will have true & solid friends in her life, and I do believe nieces’ day was a good start.

15A

14A

IMG_3882

30A

31A

IMG_3883
I took so many adorable photographs of these two, but I am resisting the urge to share them all, so as not to appear a ridiculously doting auntie. We had tons of fun, playing in the arcade, traversing bridges, playing hide and go seek, blowing bubbles, coloring, eating pizza, taking photo booth pictures, singing and dancing. My niece did her solo rendition of Annie’s “Tomorrow”. It’s the cutest thing to watch; she looks so sincere when she sings, like she’s been transported to the stage. Needless to say, I cannot get that song out of my head. Stacy, my friend & Jesse’s girlfriend, joined us in the fun. It was pretty awesome having a 3 adult to 2 kids ratio – smooth sailing.

The girls are wearing vintage dresses from my collection. I am wearing vintage 70s levi’s (Flashback’s vintage) 70s rainbow striped shirt, 70s platforms (thrifted), vintage skate key necklace (made by Pete), book necklace (Etsy)

2 comments:

  1. what adorable lil' ladies! i love their vintage frocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Can't wait to see more photos from the doting auntie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails