Monday, February 28, 2011

I've got a sweeth tooth for the cotton candy colors of the 1930s

I dig this gal's beanie and corn cob pipe too.
Flower vendors along Rainbow Row, Charleston, SC
love these colors together.
cotton candy
her gown is made from grapefruit peels, in celebration of the beginning of harvest in the fertile Rio Grand Delta.
Wearing a gown made from grapefruit peels, a girl in Weslaco, TX, celebrates the beginning of harvest in the fertile Rio Grand Delta

these colorful beach robes were made in Anniston, Alabama, from the state's wealth of raw cotton.
Colorful beach robes were made in Anniston, Alabama, from the state's wealth of raw cotton
teal and pink is another sweet color combo I'm gonna have to try out more often.
strawberry harvest, Hammond district of Louisiana, 1930
I adore the patterns on these 1930s dresses, worn by students of Ashley Hall girls' school in Charleston, SC. I own two 1930's dresses, one I've yet to show you. My wardrobe is calling out for more, but they're pretty hard to find, especially in my size, and within my budget.
Students smile through the gates of Ashley Hall girls' school, Charleston, SC 1939

now, doesn't this post make you wanna stuff your faces with strawberry short cake and mint and chip ice-cream?

all images scanned from "In Focus: National Geographic Greatest Portraits"

2 comments:

  1. OK! Every picture in this post made me happy I am alive!!! SOOOOO GOOD REFRESHING INSPIRING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these tones! I am dying over those cute little cut-out flats on the first girl in the robe and the berry picker's cardigan too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails