Friday, February 25, 2011


Porter Wagoner 1927-2007
Jesse is having a mixed-cd swap party tonight in honor of his birthday. I think this may be my best mixed cd to date. I don’t know how to post this playlist online for ya’ll, but if you’d like me to send you a copy, send me an email, and I’d be delighted. Life Rides the Train playlist is listed below.

1. O Day - Bessie Jones 2. I’m a Hard Working Man - Abner Jay
3.Life Rides The Train – Porter Wagoner 4. She Done Gone – Charlie Feathers
5. Bus Fare to Kentucky – Skeeter Davis 6. Car Song – Woody Guthrie
7. Come on – Chuck Berry 8. Foot Stompin” – The Dovells
9. Games People Play – Waylon Jennings & The Kimberlys 10. It Will Stand – Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
11. Going Up to the Country – Kitty, Daisy & Lewis 12. I’m Going Back Home – Nina Simone 13. In Spite of Ourselves – John Prine & Iris DeMent 14. Junior – Simon Stokes
15. Words of Love – The Crickets 16. Sweet Dream Woman – Waylon Jennings
17. Long Black Veil - Alice Gerrad & Hazel Dickens 18. Lungs – Townes Van Zandt
19. Sigue Adelante – Lydia Mendoza 20. Cripple Creek – Buffy Sainte-Marie
21. Streets of Bakersfield - Buck Owens 22. Three Nights Drunk – J.E. Mainer and Group
23. Give the Fiddler a Dram – Carter Brothers & Son 24. Worried Man Blues – Carter Family

Here's some of my favorite photos of Jesse and I:
Here he is intensifying my hangover and matching my outfit:
on our Pedalphiles do Europe bicycle tour. Jesse isn't much of a drinker.
Exuberant on a summer night: (my dress was too tight so I unzipped it)

Happy Friday, friends & Happy Birthday, Jesse!

These top two photos are taken from Judy Gloom's flickr. thanks Gloom.


  1. Glorious pix,you two have clearly had some fantatstic times together!!! The Tour sounds like one I should have been on!!!
    I'm up for a copy of that playlist!! Much of it is unfamiliar to me;I'm always up for something new!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails