Friday, February 25, 2011
LIFE RIDES THE TRAIN ....
Jesse is having a mixed-cd swap party tonight in honor of his birthday. I think this may be my best mixed cd to date. I don’t know how to post this playlist online for ya’ll, but if you’d like me to send you a copy, send me an email, and I’d be delighted. Life Rides the Train playlist is listed below.
1. O Day - Bessie Jones 2. I’m a Hard Working Man - Abner Jay
3.Life Rides The Train – Porter Wagoner 4. She Done Gone – Charlie Feathers
5. Bus Fare to Kentucky – Skeeter Davis 6. Car Song – Woody Guthrie
7. Come on – Chuck Berry 8. Foot Stompin” – The Dovells
9. Games People Play – Waylon Jennings & The Kimberlys 10. It Will Stand – Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
11. Going Up to the Country – Kitty, Daisy & Lewis 12. I’m Going Back Home – Nina Simone 13. In Spite of Ourselves – John Prine & Iris DeMent 14. Junior – Simon Stokes
15. Words of Love – The Crickets 16. Sweet Dream Woman – Waylon Jennings
17. Long Black Veil - Alice Gerrad & Hazel Dickens 18. Lungs – Townes Van Zandt
19. Sigue Adelante – Lydia Mendoza 20. Cripple Creek – Buffy Sainte-Marie
21. Streets of Bakersfield - Buck Owens 22. Three Nights Drunk – J.E. Mainer and Group
23. Give the Fiddler a Dram – Carter Brothers & Son 24. Worried Man Blues – Carter Family
Here's some of my favorite photos of Jesse and I:
Here he is intensifying my hangover and matching my outfit:
on our Pedalphiles do Europe bicycle tour. Jesse isn't much of a drinker.
Exuberant on a summer night: (my dress was too tight so I unzipped it)
Happy Friday, friends & Happy Birthday, Jesse!
These top two photos are taken from Judy Gloom's flickr. thanks Gloom.