Tuesday, October 5, 2010

messin 'roun with red and brown

well it all started with my work outfit for today -- a burgundy 80s sweater dress with brown 70s tweed equestrian jacket. I liked the color combo, so when I got home tonight, I decided to play around with these two colors, that aren't so often worn together. Plus, I get to show off the massive vintage brown Samosonite suitcase I just bought at the thrift store for $5.99. What a beast! How did people lug luggage of this size around back in the day? my word. I'm going to use it as storage for my sweaters.

Outfit # 1: vintage sweater dress & blazer (thrifted) red tights from TJ Maxx. Aldo shoes
IMG_1255
IMG_1259
Outfit # 2: vintage 60s reversible cape (thrifted yesterday), 80s bandage dress (I sometimes like to wear em" backwards, so they're more like a jumper), 70s knit apple turtleneck sweater, knit tights, and Aldo shoes.
IMG_1263
IMG_1270
IMG_1273
Outfit # 3: vintage burberry-esque tartan plaid 60s swing coat (I've had this coat forevs; it's one of my faves)(thrifted) I've lost a button. Usually when this happens, I just pin a button pin from my collection in its place. This button is a picture of Woody Guthrie's hands as he plays his guitar which reads "this machine kills faschists" (made by my pal, Chris Svensson).
IMG_1275
IMG_1276

3 comments:

  1. love the color combination. nice photos also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats up with your face in that one photo? i like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dingo,

    third face? ya, I kind of look disgusted, but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails