Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Getty Museum and a nun dress

IMG_1458_3
Today, Pete and I spent a lovely afternoon at the Getty Museum. I had never before been, but I heard that it was beautiful, and I wanted to check out their new photography exhibition "Engaged Observers: Documentary Photography Since the Sixties." The photographs were so emotionally gripping that I had to stop and compose myself often. The Getty Museum, was indeed beautiful. Lots of light pours through the museum making all the art look celestial. We also took a stroll through the garden, and I tried to get a decent picture of my dress. No such luck, however, I was able to get some good shots of my chocolate colored nun dress elsewhere. People were really staring when I took off my shoes and posed in the courtyard. Oh well, It's the cross I bear. Oh ya, I also met a lady who was wearing the same 50s green glasses as I was. What a trip! Since I buy nearly everything I wear at the thrift store, I am always astounded when I meet someone wearing something identical. Once, I met a lady at the antique mall, nearly twice my age, who was wearing big dangling peace sign Vintage Moschino earrings just as I was.
IMG_1403
IMG_1398
IMG_1472
IMG_1468
IMG_1466
IMG_1464
IMG_1434_2
IMG_1420
IMG_1421
IMG_1428
IMG_1459
I found this dress at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. It's seems to be homemade, and was probably made in the late 60s/early 70s, based on the cut and fabric. It's so puritan; it reminds me of a nun dress. I adore the simplicity & modesty of this dress & the chocolate brown color.

Tomorrow, I'm off work, and I'll be taking photos for Etsy all day. I hope I don't have to contend with the lighting too much. More tomorrow, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails