Friday, October 8, 2010

glory days

Hiya friends,

Due to bad lighting and limp model face, I’ve been unable to post any pictures of my outfits, and there have been some good ones these past few days. For instance, yesterday, I wore a perfect circus outfit to the Zoppé Italian Family Circus (around since 1842). I may don my outfit again so you guys can see my version of a circus outfit. I’ve tried earnestly to take a decent picture these last few days, but they’ve all turned out horribly - a mockery to my outfits. But no fear, friends, I intend to take lots of outfit photos this weekend & also hope to get some Etsy goods up. I have Monday off work so I will have more time to devote to Etsy this weekend.

Happy Friday! Here’s a picture of me as a “blocker” for my former roller derby team, the Fight Crew, of the Los Angeles Derby Dolls, where I skated for 5 years, mostly as a “jammer.” I think this picture kind of symbolizes how sometimes life throws you hurdles and, you know, you just gotta jump over em.”
glory days
There are many rad pictures of me as “Crystal Deth”, (that was my skate name), but, of course, I don’t have any of them, only the photographers do. I am currently trying to get a hold of some for my files.

Bon weekend!

photo by 3dsean

3 comments:

  1. Epic shot. I still can't believe you blocked, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you're a derby girl! i'm a derby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, retired. sweet news that you are though, Niki. What is your skate name?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails