Sunday, January 9, 2011

your grandpa's suit and an empty dance floor

Heaven is an empty dance floor. I don't go out dancing as much as I'd like to, mostly because I can't stay up much later than 11:00 p.m., and I don't like dancing when the dance floor is a mad house. This Friday, Jesse had his monthly soul club, "the Secret Affair." I got there at 9:30 p.m., as I usually do, to dance my ass off, and cut-up, before the place became way too crowded.
dance this mess around
when the dance floor is empty
Jesse

Jesse
Jesse's mission
What a jerk! Jesse loves to place his foot in the frame of my photos. By the way, I was just kidding when I said Jesse was a jerk. I'll tell you more about him one day. We met on the dance floor over 10 years ago and have been best buds ever since. We even lived together for 5 of those years. You can bet your bottom, we've shared a lot of dance space.
Secret Affair
With the dance floor packed, I jumped in a taxi, and headed home, though I still ended up staying up until 3:00 a.m., a rarity for me, catching up on old times with my dear friend, Hector.
You may have noticed my pastel plaid 70s grandpa suit. I bought it last weekend at my favorite Long Beach vintage store, Imonni. The owner of the shop, Eiko, converted the pants into cute shorts, making this outfit wearable & loveable! I am so in love with this suit;I wore it 3 times this week. Well, one of the times, I only wore the jacket, along with a pink dress. (I'll show you this outfit next time). Here are some photos of me looking like a sexy grandpa, taken a few days ago.
021_4
023_2
your grandpa's suit
Check out the funny "wieners with faces" magnet on my fridge. well, I hope everyone has been enjoying their weekends. I must go to bed now. It's nearly 1:00 a.m.!

Outfit: 70s plaid grandpa suit, Imonni vintage, 80s pink "California Beach Club" shirt (thrifted), Bass oxfords (thrifted), Aldo platforms in second outfit. (super half price sale).

almost forgot -- these photos were taken with my Olympus Trip 500. Many thanks to Hailey & Stace for taking some photos. Also, Stace, I had lots of fun on our date night!

7 comments:

  1. These photos are so nice, I love how happy you look! I wish I could dance, but I'm way too shy (and my dancing is terrible anyway). I love the suit, it looks so nice!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I was there too! in fact, I remember seeing you and loving your outfit! that's awesome. such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i can see myself walking out in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - that suit is FABULOUS and you are rocking it in those heels and socks! Those dancing shots are awesome - makes me wish I had a cool boy/friend with awesome facial hair to go dancing with. Yay for fun dancing!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela Joy,

    Next time, say "Hi". I would love to meet you!

    Carys,
    You don't have to dance well to dance! Try dancing around your living room. I find it to be one of the most freeing modes of expression! Thanks for the compliment.

    Sarah,

    Dance with your girlfriends! Jesse isn't my boyfriend, he's my friend who is a boy. he does have great hair though!

    xoxo, Crystal Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so fun! The granpa suit looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photographs, love the color, love the plaid suits, give me reminisces of my past.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails