Wednesday, January 19, 2011

teach your children well

Anna

Anna

Irvine Regional Park

Anna

Anna

“Hey, Anna, you wanna run up that hill with me?”
“Not really.”
“Come on. I just watched you play on 2 playgrounds. Auntie likes to play too.”
“Oh ok.”
“Wow, this is a really steep hill. Are you sure you can do this?”
“ I can just try my best.”
“Goodness, I’m getting tired.”
“You can do it Auntie because you’re big and strong.”
“ Geez, Anna, I can’t believe you’re doing this uphill hike with me, especially since your legs are so much smaller than mine.”
“That’s because I play and jump around and have lots of energy all day long.”
“Well, you should probably get some rest sometimes. We’re almost to the top. ... We made it”
“Yay, we made it! “ I have to go pee.”
“Why didn’t you go when I asked you at the bottom of the hill?”
“I didn’t have to go then.”
“Well, we’ll head back down. But if you really have to go, why don’t you just cop a squat.”
“What does that mean?”
“Squat down and pee. Don’t pee on your shoes or on your clothes. ”
“ Will people see me?”
“There’s noone here.”
“I don’t know.”
“You’re going to have to do it at some point in your life, believe me.”
“ Oh, ok. I can just try my best. ..... I can’t do it.”
“Alright, next time. Let’s race down the hill and get you to the bathroom.”

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you are such a cool auntie! LOVE this post. Love love love the second to last photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails