Thursday, January 6, 2011

lo-fi 50s tribal

Photo 119
Photo 85
Photo 129

I took some lo-fi photos of my “50s tribal-esque” look with Photo booth, while cooking lentils, which I burned to shit. I swear, I am the worst cook. My mother wasn’t a very good cook either, bless her heart. You know what’s really weird – I don’t even have any childhood memories of eating. Well, I do remember my Muslim neighbors giving me some pretty bland homemade flour cookies with a glass of Tang. Even though I don’t recall any childhood eating, I remember having boundless amounts of energy. I was always racing my brothers and playing in the dirt. I made mud pies a lot, and I loved to play with snails. One time, I had a snail in one hand & a cracker in the other, and I took a bite of the snail. Nasty! I text Judy Gloom yesterday, outraged about my burned lentils. She had sent me her recipe for Mediterranean lentils and assumed that I’d do alright. Anyway, she’ll be coming over soon for a little one-on-one cooking instruction.

On to my outfit, this is a fashion blog, after all: I always send my Etsy/online purchases to Pete’s shop. By the way, if you live in Southern California, and you need a hot rod built or repaired, Pete is your man. He’s been in business for over 10 years, he’s honest, and in his spare time he does volunteer work with Holocaust survivors. In short, he is a good man. So, he opened up the package which contained this wacky vintage hat inside, and was kind of shocked. “What the heck kind of hat is that?” he asked. I call it a 60s tribal-esque psychedelic turban hat. I added some wood beads & a 50s mohair sweater to my outfit to complete my “50s tribal look”. You’ll have to imagine that I’m also wearing a 80s hot pink button down dress because I couldn’t capture the whole look with my laptop screen.

ok, byeeee!

2 comments:

  1. I love that hat, it's so cool!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole outfit - it's a little bit Martha Stewart on acid, in a good way! Also I LOVE pink and red together.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails