Tuesday, March 6, 2012

sunny days




Sunday was probably the hottest day this winter at a sultry 84 degrees. I got to wear  summer's gear -- a crop top and cut off jean shorts -- to Jesse's birthday backyard bash.  The party was a rager. Records were spinning out all kinds of jams, some set my feet to dancing, others (Northern Soul - yawn) left my feet limp and impotent. It was a pot luck, and there was some really amazing food including kale mac and cheese.  There was also a beer bong. Yours truly did not participate in that popular high school past time. You may recall, I pretty much hate beer, though lately I have taken a liking to gluten free raspberry beer from Whole Foods. God, that sounds so yuppie! I hardly ever attend parties with so many folks in attendance, but I wouldn't miss my best buds birthday on account of some nerves. Anyway, when it did get a little overwhelming, I just hung out on a stoop on the front porch or on the side of the house, away from the crowd, which is where Elliott took these photos.

The winter weather has been incredibly fickle. Today, it was so cold outside, my bones cried out for mercy. But I've come to appreciate the colder days, because it makes the sunny ones that more glorious.

Outfit: Jordache cut off jeans (thrifted), 60s swiss dot ruffle crop top (Ebay), sandals (thrifted), cowhide belt (gift from Stacy).

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your little polkadot ruffled top. How cute! This is a great summer outfit.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh la la! You look absolutely gorgeous - that ruffled top is divine. I get super awkward in social situations, so I'd probably be hiding on that gorggeous porch with you.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable, love that crop top x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhh, that top is pure MAGIC! You're such a babe, I can't get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh summer, how i long for you... you look adorable, the sunlight hitting your hair is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have been the rage of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shot a big load of sperm looking at you. uhh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails