Saturday, March 10, 2012

a rainbow from my heart to yours

It's another beautiful day in Long Beach. Pete and I got up on the early side and rode our bicycles to breakfast. The breeze was light, but it still blew my blue straw hat off a few times, so that I couldn't wear it while bicycling. All the trees are vibrant green, the flowers are blooming, and the fruit is ripe. The town smells of jasmine. I celebrate in style with my 70s rainbow crop, which I've had in my wardrobe for at least 10 years. It's definitely one of those pieces that reminds me of Iris in Taxi Driver. Sometimes I get to thinking that I'm too old for such a top, but that's just the devil talking. I finally bought myself a pair of Cork Ease shoes, and boy are these shoes comfortable. Well worth the dough.

We're listening to Bruce Springstein this lovely afternoon. My friend, Hector, just burned me a few of his older albums, and it's so good, especially the Nebraska album. Have you heard it? I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Outfit: Vintage 70s rainbow crop top (thrifted), olive green pleated skirt (thrifted),green beaded purse (thrifted), pastel ring (Downtown Darling Vintage, Long Beach), lavender nail polish (OPI), Cork Ease Myrna Platforms.

5 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, it's so nice!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally rockin' the halter top, you're definitely not 'too old' for it! I liked your outfit so much that included a photo in my weekly Vintage News, Links & Inspiration post this week :) http://thriftaholic.blogspot.com/2012/03/vintage-news-links-inspiration-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nebraska is one of the best albums ever. and your rainbow top is a dream. i love things you've held onto ten years, and will hold onto for a hundred more, because they are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You, everybody! Leilani, thanks so much for including me in your Round up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second heather! nebraska rules! as does this outfit! i'm going to see the boss in april, can't wait! i have several of his albums on vinyl. i love him so!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails