Friday, August 27, 2010

I just wanted to see you so bad

The moon hung brightly, streaking the ocean with gold and orange, and Lucinda Williams’ bluesy gravel voice poured forth, streaking my mind with visions of bad boys, love lost, the forlorn, alcoholics, and Louisiana in all its shades. She sang a lot of her older songs like ‘Big Red Sun,”, “Crescent City”, and “I Just Wanted to See You So Bad” from her self-titled album, released in 1988. These songs are close to my heart. Through every broken relationship (and there have been many), they have been my friend. I can’t tell you how many times her songs have made me want to jump in my Jeep, towards Lousiana, with nothing but a song in my heart. Yesterday, when she sang, “Lake Charles,” I nearly burst into tears. God bless her, she is the best!
IMG_9185
I was so in love with my outfit from last night, and this is the only half-way decent picture I could get of it. As such, I will be posting some fun outfits from the archives in a 2nd post.

Outfit deets- 70s floral sheer dress, vintage Justin boots, vintage 50s cowboy hat. - everything thrifted, but the cowboy hat, which I bought at an antique mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails