Thursday, August 5, 2010

turquoise and rational emotive therapy

IMG_8427
IMG_8429
IMG_8425
IMG_8408
IMG_8404

Hiya friends,

Every time that Mad Men starts up, I get an itch to dress 60s professional, which, lucky for me, is welcome wear in an office setting. My work buddy took pictures of me at lunch. I trespassed on private property, hung out by a tree and made-out with myself, in an effort to escape work malaise, and entertain myself in sophisticated clothing.

Speaking of Mad Men, Don Draper drives me nuts. He doesn’t express anything of his true self because he is ashamed of his upbringing. Get over it weirdo. Just because his mom was a prostitute and his dad was a drunk, doesn’t mean that he has to be a philandering jerk face. Had he read, Albert Ellis’s “A Guide to Rational Living” which was introduced in 1961, he’d be a much better fellow. This is the best self-help book I have ever read, and I highly recommend it if you’re interested in psychology, even if you’re not tormented by your past like Mr. Draper.

Your life is the fruit of your own doing. You have no one to blame but yourself. -- Joseph Campbell (American mythologist, writer, and lecturer)

A happy childhood is poor preparation for human contacts - Sidonie Gabrielle Colette or “Colette”

We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond. - Marcel Proust

Outfit - Vintage sheer 50s turquoise top purchased on Etsy, 60s wool pencil skirt, 80s pumps, and carmel-brown CC purse found at thrift store.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get into Mad Men, if not for the fashion alone. I love your outfit, exactly how ladies should dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone watches this show except for me. but when i think about starting now, i get anxious because i have SO much catching up to do.

    then again, it's not like i'm working much this month...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails