Friday, August 27, 2010

fun outfits from the Archives

IMG_2370
Do I look like Fran Drescher in "the Nanny" in this? I'm wearing an 80s Vintage Emanuel Ungaro jacket (much like Marc Jacob's Fall 2009 80s inspired big-shoulder jackets), 80s bandage checkered dress (tucked in), 80s suede color block skirt, checkered tights, and vintage Calvin Klein orange pumps. Love this outfit. I was so proud of it, that I rushed over to my girlfriend's house across the street, so that she could take a picture.
P1010486
I sold this 80s splatter paint dress on Ebay because I thought it made me look too flat chested. I still, however, love the print. Here it is paired with my favorite jacket of all time:
P1010484
elliott & i
Here I am in London wearing an 80s "pop art" bandage dress, with LLTT holster bag (made by Elliott, whom I'm laughing at), and vintage hush puppies. I also sold this dress on Ebay, not really sure why.
IMG_0171
Beautiful 60s chiffon pleated ruffle maxi dress was too big for me, so I sold it on Ebay. This was my guitar, but I'm no guitarist, so I donated it to some creative kids in need.
IMG_1276
I don't even know where this 60s tshirt dress is.

These photos highlight how I'm totally nuts. haha.

everything thrifted.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an adorable lady! And your body is awesome- I think you look especially rad in the splatter dress and your small boobs just make the dress fit better, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. This post & your comment here have helped me to realize a complex I hold about my body. Why is it that “looking flat chested” suddenly ruins an, otherwise, awesome outfit? I find myself being satisfied with the look of my breasts when they’re swollen from hormones during my period. Why is being “small breasted” acceptable, but being/looking “flat chested” unacceptable? I believe in combating negative body images, no matter how minute the complex might seem, so I’m feel fortunate that these questions have been brought to light.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails