Thursday, October 11, 2012

summer's lo-fi sound




I've been dying to brag about my favorite summer accessory - an 80s pink triangle-shaped "Moving Sound" cassette player! It has been my constant companion this summer, traveling with me to swimming holes, lakes, oceans, and hikes, serenading me with its wonderful lo-fi sound. I squealed when I found it on Etsy, as it's the one piece of vintage technology that’s been missing from my life. Somewhere I have a box full of old cassette tapes, but I haven’t been able to find it so for now I have only been listening to a small selection of goodies like The Clash’s “Sandinista!”, the duets of Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner, a Best of George Jones, and a favorite from my junior high years: the Cure’s “Standing on a Beach” (titled “Staring at the Sea” in cd format). One time on the Metro, I saw a thief snatch a girl’s Ipod right from her hands and then run out the door. Luckily, I don’t think I have to worry about being mugged for my cassette player. Can you imagine the disappointment the thief would feel, especially if the thief is also a machismo?

I don’t believe I shared this cowgirl dress with you before. I want to have it remade in an assortment of colors because the cut is just the best, and I especially love the gingham piping. It’s got a kind of Suzy Bishop in Moonrise Kingdom feel too, though the knee high tights kind of contribute to that look. I hope I never feel too old for it. It’s yet another dress from Imonni, my favorite vintage store in Long Beach.

I’m out for now. Until next time, lots of love,

Crystal Lee

2 comments:

  1. You are too adorable I love the dress, you do need it in array of colours. The cassette player is awesome, I would definitely steal it from you aha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stylish. I'm just sitting here in a big pile of fashion envy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails