Monday, August 26, 2013

desert sunset

Heya buddies. Well, I’ve had another busy weekend slinging vintage (at my pop up shop grand opening and then at the Downtown Flea Market in Los Angeles). Even though I work all week at another job, I continue to sell vintage on my down time because I just love it so much (I love meeting new people). And because I find most of my vintage clothing at the thrift stores, I’m able to sell my loot at reasonable prices, and that’s something I feel good about.

This outfit was inspired by a desert sunset. I wore it to my pop up shop grand opening party. Sometimes I momentarily start thinking that perhaps I should start dressing more sophisticated since I’m in my 30s now, but I always end up wearing something fun and “youthful” instead.

Outfit: vintage pink beret (vintage store in Toronto, Canada), embroidered peasant top (thrifted), mohair vintage skirt (Lightwitch shop via Etsy, another gal who sells amazing vintage at reasonable prices), my new fave 60s grandma-chic-floral beaded purse (Can’t you totally see Prada designing a purse like this?) (thrifted), Born shoes (Nordstrom rack).

7 comments:

  1. You look adorable, I love the second shot especially. I'm the same nearer I get to thirty the more I think oh I should dress more sophisticated, but life is too short to be dull! Kudos to you for having the energy to sell vintage at the weekend and work full time in the week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTIE!!!! Ahh, I just love those embroidered peasant tops. Always on the lookout for those. I'm turning 30 next month and don't foresee my age stopping me from wearing whatever the hell I want ; P
    I work full-time and my vintage selling has been on the back-burner. I hope to be able to do it again soon. I enjoy doing it for the same reasons. I love being a vintage matchmaker of sorts : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! Please don't ever change your style based on someone else's concept of age appropriateness. You're so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had fun hanging with you! you're vintage collection is lovely and so is your style! and i know everyone appreciates your reasonable prices, especially in this town!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails