Tuesday, September 27, 2011

orange calico tent





I think I might always be fond of tent dress minis. This particular dress was once a moo-moo, but it looks much better shortened. These photos were taken around my hood. There would have a been a cute orange plastic with leather trim handbag in these photos (recently thrifted) but I left it at Starbucks and only noticed it was missing once we got home. Pete was so sweet - he ran all the way back & luckily my new purse was still there. I was hobbling pretty close behind him. Turns out these vintage Cherokee platforms were not as comfortable as I recalled, so I was walking barefoot, which I don't really mind in a natural setting, but urban barefoot walking can be pretty gross. But in the end, everything worked out, as it usually does.

10 comments:

  1. O,gawd,the trauma of a left behind handbag!Makes my blood chill just thinking about it....
    Love this tent frock,I can't imagine it full length,it would have swamped you!Super cute short,the neckline is fabulous!
    Love the renegade canyon shots,but then I love all yours & Petes photography.It's something I always admire,but have no natural eye for doing myself! G sets up good pix,though,shame we don't have any canyons our way!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress wish I could get away with tent dresses, glad you got your handbag back, I never find heels comfortable! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute calico, and i like these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks awesome. But I really love the pictures, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was born to be short, what a darling little dress! It suits you.

    As for urban barefoot strolls, yes, do I ever know what you mean! I am blissful to be barefoot indoors, or in grass, or sand, etc ... but I once walked for hours in Barcelona half-barefoot. I was lost, and my sandal was rubbing a blister, so terribly so, that I couldn't take another step with my shoe on, so I removed it, and only the one, but thought it best not to subject both my feet to the city's streets, and accepted the strange stares, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that dress and sandals bring back some great memories. I had a few pairs of Cherokee wedges that I wore all of the time. I really miss those days. I'm wondering if I can find a pair like I use to have on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be willing to sell your Cherokees?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad my outfit brought back some fond memories for you, Melinda. Unfortunately, I already sold my Cherokees. You should be able to find some on Ebay or Etsy, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, they did bring back some great memories. Thanks, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you happen to run across another pair of Cherokees, please let me know. Thanks, Crystal

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails