Thursday, December 2, 2010

on a sunny afternoon

lunch break
IMG_2831

It felt like summer yesterday afternoon when I went to the park, on my lonesome, for my lunch break. It was actually too hot to even wear this heavy cheetah coat. I'm sure you'll agree that a 50s cheetah coat is essential to a vintage coat collection. I found this one almost 10 years ago at the thrift store. I've found a couple since, which I've sold, because they've never been as nice as this one, or they didn't fit. The skirt I'm wearing features Greek pillars on a checkered print. It's one of my favorite skirts, another thrifted item that I found nearly a decade ago. I recently thrifted this brown ribbed top; it's from Forever 21. Generally, I don't care much for fast fashion, meaning clothing from F21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, etc., but this was thrifted & it's more of a complimentary piece. Underneath the brown ribbed top, I'm wearing a 50s sheer shirt.

While at the park, I chatted with a gal about her Cannon Digital SLR. I love talking to strangers. I definitely want a better camera, but I think I need to master my film camera (Pentax Sportmatic) first. I'll show ya'll some of my film pictures soon. I'm also taking a beginning photography class in January. I'll be taking a Saturday class that's nearly 8 hours long. I think I will enjoy it though. I haven't been in school for a while, but I'm hoping this will prepare me for the last university class I still have to take.

ok dudes, I hope you're well.

3 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pix,especially the one with the sun behind you.Sweet outfit!And that coat!! OH!
    fast fashion sux,I'll pick up basics second hand quite happily,though,too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord, that coat is frickin exquisite! I love the whole outfit but that coat, it's fabulous! Gorgeous pics! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails