Thursday, September 2, 2010

my 50th post!

Hot dog, I can't believe I've already created 50 posts on this here blog! Well, I've got so many more outfits to show you, random thoughts and adventures to share, so I think I'll be around a while. How do you like my innards & outards so far?

IMG_0190
IMG_0185
IMG_0199
This pink & orange (a color combination I adore) 50s dress was another recent thrift store score from Lancaster. Paired with my beloved vintage Calvin Klein pumps, and pink AA tights, I'm a regular tropical vixen.

This Labor Day weekend, Pete & I going on a mini-vacation/road trip along historic & scenic Highway 395. We leave early tomorrow morning. One of my summer goals was to explore more of California, and I think I've been doing a good job of that. (Though, I've been slacking on my summer goal of running naked through the forest.) I've yet to explore this Hwy and the quaint old towns along the way. There's so much to see including the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, which is home of the oldest living trees on Earth; Bodie, the best preserved ghost town in California, existing in a state of "arrested decay"; Mono Lake, which is over 700,000 years old, ringed by old and new volcanoes, and containing some awe-inspiring limestone formations called the tufa towers. We intend to drive all the way up to Yosemite National Park, another destination, which I'm shamed to say, I have not explored. I haven't even packed, but I know I will be donning a turn-of-the-century dress that I bought from Secret Lake, a wonderland of beautiful vintage clothing, for $10! I think I'll wear this dress to Bodie Ghost Town & hope to get some good pictures, though I'm not a very good photographer(need to work on that).

Americans, have a great Labor Day weekend - I hope you too have Monday off. Traditionally, I know Labor Day marks the end of the summer for us, but I'm holding on for as long as I can. Everyone else, have a beatific weekend as well!

Ciao for now.

photos by Tor Saharopulos.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a fun trip. I can't wait till we get to take our trailer out on a real road trip. Looking forward to pics of you haunting Bodie in your turn of the century dress, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails