Friday, December 28, 2012

clear night for love

With Pete's hilarious little nephew, Nicolas
my first pair of comfort shoes, purchased impulsively after a long day of wearing high heels. Though I'm somewhat embarrassed to be wearing made for comfort shoes, at least these one here are pretty cute.  And gee whiz, they are shockingly comfortable.
Roky Erickson should come out with a Christmas album filled with his usual cast of characters: zombies, aliens, a two-headed dog. That would be a real hoot and a nice change.  In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to be content with wearing Roky's red and green mug around during the holidays. So, this is what I wore on a recent  trip to visit Pete's family: a rather casual get up sprinkled with festive bits - a green purse, patent leather shoes.
 
 This holiday season and my time off of work have been flying by, and everyday I feel like I'm having a race against the sun since the days are so short in winter.  Even still, I've been having a most enjoyable time. The highlights have been spending time with my family, doing some volunteer work on Christmas Eve, and meeting up with a darling gal and blogging buddy, Dakota from Sweetheart of the Rodeo, who has been staying in California for the holidays. I'll post more about our romp through the desert soon. Also, you probably have noticed my new blog header.  A while back, this image flashed through my head, and my talented friend Jenny Yuen brought it to life. I am so super stoked on it! You can check out more of Jenny's awesome work here.

I hope ya'll hard a warm and memorable Christmas. I leave you with my favorite Roky Erikson song.
g.

Outfit: Roky Erickson shirt (purchased at his concert a few Halloweens ago), vintage tweed skirt and vintage cheetah coat (thrifted a long ass time ago), pink sunnies (Linda Farrow for Dries Van Noten via Gilt), patent leather mary janes (Born comfort shoes, Nordstroms Rack).

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the new header!! Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year (and those last precious moments of holiday fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking gorge, cannot go wrong with a leopard coat and a band tshirt. The header is so cool, when are you designing your own clothes?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just discussing my "clothing line" with Dakota. I guess the hard part is getting started, but the idea is still alive & kicking, and I do want to get something started in the near future.

      Delete
  3. LOVE those sunglasses; I may have sent the link to Mary! The shoes are great too; with the ribbon laces, they almost look like tap shoes - a very good thing! The new header is awesome right down to the freckles!!! I can't wait to see what you and Dakota got up to. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the new header looks fantastic!! She did a great job.
    And your outfit is swell; love the leopard and tap dancer-esque shoes. Very "optimistic".

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i love those glasses and that coat and really the whole darn thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails